In a recently published report, the State of Manufacturing Technology released new data pointing to the correlation between cloud technology and innovation, a trend expected to rise over the next five years. Here are some key takeaways as published in today's Forbes article:
- 40% of manufacturers interviewed draw a direct correlation between cloud technologies and their ability to innovate during the next five years
- 66% of manufacturers say that cloud technologies have already improved insights into their business
- 93% of manufacturers are using consumer tablets in their manufacturing operations
- 90% of manufacturers interviewed said that data security improved with the adoption of professionally managed cloud solutions.
- 81% of manufacturers say that having a scalable, secure cloud platform improved mobile access to data.
- 74% have better process integration with external stakeholders as a result of adopting cloud applications. Manufacturers mentioned other process-integration benefits of cloud applications, such as enabling on-boarding suppliers more efficiently, tracking and maintaining equipment, and more effectively managing facilities.
- 77% expect to increase plant or enterprise integration investments. The following graphic compares what initiatives manufacturers will be able to undertake in the next five years as a result of cloud technologies:
Are you interested in a cloud-based Supply Chain Network Solution? Harmony, from Activ Technologies, is the first product specifically created to operate and enable the complexities of the supply network.